Do you love CMN? Do you love the fellowship, inspiration, knowledge, and creativity engendered by our Annual Conference? Do you learn new
things every day on the CMN forum? Do you look for songs of peace in the Song Library? If, like us, your answer is yes, then I hope you
will consider a generous and early gift to the Children’s Music Network Spring Fundraiser. One Drum, Many Songs/Un Tambor, Muchas Canciones.
Your generous gifts do so much to
- keep us together and in touch,
- maintain a song library for our common use,
- keep our forum up and running so we can easily communicate,
- publish PIO! as a learning resource for ourselves and others,
- keep our blog going, again so we can share and learn, and
- celebrate the positive power of music in the lives of children.
And in 2019 your gifts support the new projects undertaken by your Board of Directors and many member volunteers such as:
- Reaching out to educational institutions near our conference locations and invite experts there to present workshops
- Renewing our focus of social media including YouTube playlists, Instagram, and Facebook to complement the CMN website and highlight our organization
- Expanding the work of our regions with more opportunity to gather, sing, share ideas, and reach out to prospective members
There are four important paid positions in our network. Administrative Director, Webmaster, PIO Editor, and Blog and Social Media Editors. Our administrator keeps our membership lists up to date, our bank accounts in order, makes sure our 501(c)(3) filings are done properly (with the advice of an attorney), and rides herd on the BOD so we can complete our projects. Without an excellent administrative director at the center of gravity our group would fly apart.
Our Webmaster provides us with a functioning website, an absolute necessity in today’s world!
Our PIO! editor pulls together interesting articles, shared experience, not to mention the 5 or more lead-sheets and songs in each issue.
The Blog and Social Media Editors keep CMN visible by sharing interesting and timely posts relating to our first loves…children and music!
Then think of simple items like telephone, internet, advertising, office supplies, bookkeeping, constant contact, bank card, and other service charges. And let's not forget insurance for your Board and administrators. No one would serve on a board today without that! All of those things are necessary to help us meet our goals.
Your contributions keep us going and growing as a collaborative group dedicated to the positive power of music in the lives of children.
Your FUNdraising Team
Maureen Conlin, Cynthia Dougherty, Jenny Murphy, Wiley Rankin, Tim Seston, and Val Smalkin