Kim Lehman wears many hats as a storyteller, musician, workshop presenter, honey bee educator, and author. As a performing artist on the Texas Commission on the Arts Touring Roster, possible grant funds are available to bring Kim to your library, school, or organization.
Kim the Workshop Presenter
Kim is a well-known educator best known for her dynamic, idea packed workshops featuring practical, easy to implement activities for librarians, teachers and parents. Kim has presented over 150 workshops and webinars on topics such as storytelling, music, science, puppets, and art. She has presented workshops throughout Texas, Arizona, and Kansas.
Kim the Storyteller and Musician
Kim Lehman has been telling tales for many years, first as a way to entertain younger cousins and now as a professional storyteller and musician. Kim has performed at hundreds of festivals, schools, libraries, and museums including being a featured teller at the Texas Storytelling Festival. Each fun and educational program includes a variety of stories, songs, props, puppets and participation that can be tailored to specific age groups.
STEAM in Preschool Storytime
Enhance preschool storytimes and prepare young children for success in school by using STEAM activities, both fiction and nonfiction literature, fingerplays, songs and simple experiments supporting the Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines for science and math.
Storytime Pizazz and Storytime Razzamatazz
Be inspired to effectively incorporate music, puppets, magic, props, and crafts in children’s programs. These are two separate and different, all day workshops.
The Magic of Music: Using Music with Children
Learn a variety of songs that use movement, dance, sign language, props, puppets, themes, books, and instruments.
Telling Stories with Scissors, Paper, Strings and Things
Use non-traditional storytelling techniques including props, puppets, tell and draw, participation, flannel board stories, creative drama, and participation to make stories come alive.
Spicing Up Your Stories with Music, Chants and Sounds
Learn tips and techniques on how to use songs and music within stories, between stories and as stories.
Using Puppets with Children
This workshop is designed to ignite your imagination through the use of puppets. Learn about mascot puppets, simple puppets to make and techniques to use them with stories, music, and poetry.
Kim’s Fun Facts
- Professional storyteller, musician and puppeteer presenting hundreds or programs in libraries, schools, museums, and festivals
- Artist on the Texas Commission on the Arts Touring Arts Roster since 2006
- Certified teacher in the state of Texas with an Early Childhood Endorsement
- Thirty years’ experience working with children
- Presented over 150 workshops and webinars for librarians and teachers
- Youth Services Consultant with CTLS (Connecting Texas Libraries Statewide) (2011-2014)
- Youth Specialist with Austin Public Library for 20 years
- Collected and compiled recipes and stories for her book “Ruth Cooks”
- Hat collector with over 400 hats
- Musician with over 150 instruments
- Welded a huge bottle tree out of rebar
- Made a hammered dulcimer
- Sings jazz favorites in nursing and retirement centers
- Worked as a camp counselor, nurse’s aide, grocery store’s bakery department and a sample potato chip person.
- Collected and recorded hours of stories from family members and residents of Conemaugh Township in PA.
“The Best! The Dime Box preschool daycare kids are singing, dancing and making music after the inspiring workshop by Kim Lehman. I, a non-musical person, was able to come away from the workshop inspired and prepared to lead kids in singing, dancing, crafts, etc. and to relate these to books that kids love to read.”
Workshop Participant, TX
“This is a fabulous workshop! The materials are way beyond expectations. Thank you!! I think I could attend this twice, so much valuable information!”
Youth Librarian, Fort Worth, TX
“Your CD has been quite a hit at our house. However, after hearing Aiken Drum about fifty times, I’m ready for my son to find a new favorite song.”
“I could not believe how well you kept the children’s attention. I laughed so hard at your stories and the nose whistle that I almost fell out of my chair. I needed that!”
Preschool Teacher, Good Shepherd Episcopal School
I can travel anywhere.
Negotiable: Fee considerations include audience size, number of presentations, length of presentations, and location. Generally, prices range from $200 - $2000.