Why Join CMN?
CMN members are people who believe in the transformative power of music in the lives of children. Membership benefits include:
- Songs, songs and more songs to share in the classroom, onstage, or anywhere else children and families gather to enjoy music
- Exchanges of ideas and marketing tips, feedback and professional advice
- A link to your website from ours, and additional ways to promote your work to our members and the wider world of children's music
- Discount products and services from our Business Partners, everything from CD duplication and web design to online classes at Berklee College of Music
- A subscription to our twice-yearly journal of children's music, Pass It On! Pete Seeger called it "One of the most valuable magazines anywhere."
- Our e-mail discussion group, a vibrant, ongoing exchange about any and all topics relating to children's music
- Access to the members-only section of our website, which includes our Member Directory, the archive topics discussed on the CMN email list and full online access to more than 20 years of past issues of Pass It On!
- Discounts to attend CMN events
- Expanded contacts with like-minded people across the US, Canada and around the world
- Post your YouTube videos to our Member Playlist
Through CMN, you'll gain a network of people involved in a variety of personal and professional relationships with children...
- Music & classroom teachers
- Youth advocates
- Music therapists & social workers
- Teaching artists
- University faculty & staff
- Educational consultants & trainers
- Choral directors & song leaders
- Child care providers
- Arts organizations
To learn more about our members, visit their websites.
CMN offers membership for individuals, performing acts, and organizations. See our
Options and Dues and Membership FAQ pages for more information.
What Our Members Say
Joining the Children's Music Network in 1993 helped me create a solid career in children's music, and I have been an active member and served on its board three different times since then. Its mission is clear, near and dear to my heart. The songs, activities, ideas, values, methods, and most especially the lasting relationships I have made there, make CMN an essential place to belong today for anyone writing, performing or sharing music for, with or by children.
— Katherine Dines, Hunkta-Bunkta Music, Family music performer and songwriter
"CMN has changed my life. Pretty big declaration, but true."
— Fran McKinney, singer/songwriter, early childhood music specialist and longtime teacher of young children with special needs, Wisconsin
I'm just emerging in the industry and want to learn as much as I can and spread it to others. I don't want to have to re-create the wheel. The small price of membership is invaluable - it's given me so many ideas.
— Devin Walker, The Uncle Devin Show
"The CMN is such a great community to a be part of and an endless source of material both for work and play. Whether it is a song about teasing that I need for my Kindergarten music class or one to make my 5 year old eat more vegetables, the CMN is a bottomless well to draw from. The amazing people that make this organization what it is never fail to inspire, nourish and support me in every possible way."
— Lenka Zbruz, Filip's mom, Music Together teacher, early childhood music specialist and 1st/2nd grade chorus leader
Even as newcomers, we've felt tremendous support from the CMN community!
— Okee Dokee Brothers, Joe Mailander and Justin Lansing
"I've been a member for exactly a year and have met some of the most dedicated, helpful and talented musicians in the business...Joining CMN has been one of the best things I've done in a long time."
— Al deCant, singer/songwriter, performer and elementary school principal, Connecticut
As someone who makes a living full-time as a children's musician, I value so much what I've learned by being part of CMN over the past few years. Being a member is a practical way to enhance your professional network - I've had more jobs than I can count that came through my connections to CMN members. But there's a deeper value system at work. I'm so proud of the CMN members who took part in a Day of Healing through the Arts in Newtown, CT, in January, 2013. There's a real sense among us that we can make the world a better place for the next generation through music.
— Liz Buchanan, family music performer & teaching artist
For anyone involved in kids' and family music in any way, The Children's Music Network is an invaluable resource. Whether you are a singer, songwriter, musician, teacher, librarian, parent, producer...whatever! You can benefit in immeasurable ways. As one of the founding members for over 25 years, I have made lifelong friends and have shared songs, ideas, laughs and resources with people throughout North America and even the world. RUN, don't walk to CMN!
— Patricia Shih, family music performer and songwriter